Factors considered as part of the investigation included:
- environmental setting;
- mining and processing methods and feasibility;
- mine life;
- mine ramp-up duration;
- capital expenditure;
- utility supply, such as water, gas and power;
- rail access;
- mineral and surface rights; and,
- operation safety.
The next steps will be:
- the review of the environmental assessment approval and the Feasibility Report by the Yancoal Board
- the Financial Investment Decision by the Yancoal Board
These two critical pieces, the feasibility report and the environmental approval, will play a significant role during the Yancoal Board’s decision on whether or not to proceed with the project, as well as the local investment climate and community support.